To assist in the management and leadership of new product development and maintenance of existing products through advising and assisting with the creation, design, development, evaluation, and publication of NGSS based K-8 curriculum instructional materials to be delivered through hands-on, digital, and print media.
· Serve as project lead on development of high quality NGSS based K-8 curriculum instructional series.
· Responsible for working with development group to design, develop, and publish high quality NGSS based K-8 curriculum instructional materials through hands-on, digital, and print media.
· Evaluate curriculum materials under development based on EQuiP rubric.
· Assist with product management and maintenance of all curriculum product lines.
· Keep abreast of trends and changes in science education, science standards, and courses of study to ensure alignment and quality of new products.
· Keep abreast of new developments in current science research that may be translated to the science education market.
· Support Curriculum Marketing and Sales groups by providing information and training to Marketing Managers and Sales Staff on NGSS and 3-Dimensional learning strategies.
· Assist with establishing long and short term goals for Curriculum product development.
· Assist with the development of annual budget and management of group operational expenses.
· Maintains harmony and serves as a role model for appropriate management behavior and attitudes for peers.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, in Science Education Curriculum and Instruction or related field required.
Experience: Experience designing, developing, and/or evaluating high quality NGSS based curriculum instructional materials; Minimum of 3 years of elementary, middle school, and/or high school (or combination thereof) science education experience required.
Specialized Training/Skills: Deep knowledge of A Framework for K-12 Science Education, NGSS, and 3 Dimensional learning; Ability to effectively plan, implement, and monitor self-directed and group projects. Must possess good written and oral communication skills.